On 10-06-22 06:42 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:

You don't need the trailing semi-colon, that separates the package from any attributes. Was your bundle importing this package when you tried this?

I've tried with importing and without. When I have importing, AND I do an actual class construction with explicit syntax (eg Driver driv = new Driver()) prior to the forName() resolution, it works. Without having an explicit construction statement somewhere prior to forName(), it fails... I don't actually need to use forName() class resolution logic in my own bundle, I'm just trying to sandbox the conditions occurring in the openjpa bundle so I can get it working.

I googled my little heart out looking for tutorials for openjpa within felix or felix/karaf , but what I found either didn't work or didn't go so far as to actually attached to a database and do stuff. In particular I looked at Aries and the samples there have persistence classes, but, as far as I can tell they don't go so far as to actually serialize, they just get you all the way up to the point of being ABLE to serialize once you figure the database part out.

For boot delegation, I think you have to set org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent to "app" in config.properties, but importing is probably better than boot delegation.

I tried adding the bundle.parent property and setting to both app and framework, but didn't have any luck with either setting.

-Jamie