On Jun 23, 2010, at 6:02 PM, Uk Jiang <ukji...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In OSGi world, system.bundle is another name for org.eclipse.osgi.
No, it isn't. This is only true if you are using Equinox.

> Some bundles such as org.apache.xml.serializer_2.7.1.v200902170519,
> org.apache.xerces_2.9.0.v200909240008, javax.xml_1.3.4.v200902170245,
> org.apache.xml.resolver_1.2.0.v200902170519 list 'system.bundle' in their
> Require-Bundle list.
Why would they do this? It doesn't appear illegal, although it probably should
be.

> It looks like that Felix Bundle Repository runtime does not treat
> system.bundle as org.eclipse.osgi. As a consequence, the bundles cannot be
> resolved.
>
> It would be great if there is a logic before provisioning to translate
> system.bundle to org.eclipse.osgi. Please let me know whether you think.
You should file a JIRA about this. If the spec permits system.bundle in the
Require-Bundle header, OBR should handle it. That said, you should also raise
an issue with whomever created these bundles and ask them to fix the manifests.

Justin