Hello All,

I'm a bit of a newbie with OSGI, so perhaps I'm missing something elementary here, but here it goes; I have a requirement to use the dom4j library for some xml parsing in a bundle. I found an OSGI bundle for dom4j in the SpringSource Bundle repository (http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/bundle/version/detail?name=com.springsource.org.dom4j&version=1.6.1 ). I added all of the appropriate imports for it and the one mandatory dependency it has, I've installed everything in Felix and it's happy. But when I go to use my bundle, I get a NoClassDefFoundError: org/ jaxen/JaxenException stacktrace.

Looking into the manifest.mf for the dom4j bundle I see it has an Import-Package declaration for jaxen as optional:

org.jaxen;version="[1.1.1, 2.0.0)";resolution:=optional

But examining the dom4j bundle from the felix web console I don't see org.jaxen as listed for the Imported Packages section. So I'm not sure how I get dom4j to access the jaxen dependency with the bundles I have at my disposal. I could embed these dependencies in my own bundle and carry them around, but I thought the "purist" approach was to look for your dependencies as bundles and have them installed in your container.

Looking for advice on what might be going on here. Thanks in advance.

Mike Ottinger
Senior Software Engineer
Tacit Knowledge