On Dec 15, 2010, at 8:17 AM, Bjorn Roche <bj...@xowave.com> wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2010, at 9:45 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> On 12/14/10 9:42 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>> You should read the OSGi R4.2 specification of the OSGi JavaDoc
>>
>> Sorry, that should say, "...the OSGi R4.2 specification OR the OSGi
>> JavaDoc..."
>>

> Thanks for your reply. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the OSGi
> reference will have JavaDocs for the Felix Object, which is what I was
> looking for.

I think the point is that you shouldn't need to use the Felix object. OSGi 4.2
standardized framework launching, so you should use the standard facility.

> http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/
>
>>> if you are interested in learning about OSGi or various other tutorials,
>>> etc. available on the web. If you haven't already done so, you should also
>>> read:
>>>

>>> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-launching-and-embedding.html
>>>
>>> As the above page explains, Felix implements the OSGi standard Framework
>>> interface, which is why you'll want to read the OSGi JavaDoc. I guess we
>>> could generate the OSGi JavaDoc and make it available on our site
>>> somewhere, but I'm pretty sure someone else has put it online already.
>
> This was the first thing I read, but it didn't seem to deal with the
> Felix/Non-Felix (or OSGi/non-OSGi) case, so I started looking at the
> presentations which were more helpful. I'll look this over again.

I'm not clear on what you're trying to accomplish, but in general, it isn't
possible to expose classes from inside the framework to classes running outside
of the framework, at least not without custom classloaders and/or a service
registry. And at that point, you're better off going all-OSGi.

Justin