Hi All,

 The subject line about says it all:

        I'm using scr annotations version 1.5.0, the scr plugin is version
1.7.0. I've placed a org.apache.felix.scr.annotations.Reference annotation on a
dependency in my component and gave it a updated="update" attribute. I pulled
out of a JIRA item in the Felix group a note about setting my specVersion =
"1.1-felix", this got me past a maven error. But once I'm past that and the
bundle is deployed to Felix, I get the stacktrace below.

        The updated attribute of the org.apache.felix.scr.annotations.Reference
annotation doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. I discovered this by going
through the source code. Any ideas on how to get to the bottom of this? I've
pored over the source code for the KXml2SAXParser.parseXML method from the
stacktrace, nothing seems apparent.

        If I shouldn't be using this updated attribute, can someone send me in
the right direction on allowing a component to be informed when a reference's
configuration has changed? Seemed like the updated attribute was my ticket.
Should I be using the Dependency Manager annotations described here:
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-dependency-manager-using-annotations.html
 ?

        General problem with descriptor entry '/OSGI-INF/serviceComponents.xml'
(org.apache.felix.scr.impl.parser.ParseException: Exception during parsing)
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.parser.ParseException: Exception during parsing
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.metadata.XmlHandler.startElement(XmlHandler.java:333)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.parser.KXml2SAXParser.parseXML(KXml2SAXParser.java:73)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.loadDescriptor(BundleComponentActivator.java:227)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialize(BundleComponentActivator.java:147)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.<init>(BundleComponentActivator.java:111)
        at
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:285)
        at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.bundleChanged(Activator.java:203)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeBundleListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:807)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:729)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireBundleEvent(EventDispatcher.java:610)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireBundleEvent(Felix.java:3724)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1772)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix$RefreshHelper.restart(Felix.java:4498)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.refreshPackages(Felix.java:3554)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.PackageAdminImpl.run(PackageAdminImpl.java:336)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thanks!

Mike Ottinger
Senior Consultant
Tacit Knowledge - San Francisco