I might be naive, but I think this would be a great feature for felix.
Often this is a real downside for using fragments that they don't get
attached because the host bundle
is already started, so you start tuning with startlevels which for me is
just a bad workaround.
Would this be a possible enhancement for felix?

regards, Achim

Am 13.07.2011 18:30, schrieb Richard Hall:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:03 PM, lili_ili <svet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you, Richard. Can you recommend a java side solution?
>> I have an "installer" code that copies the fragment to the watched
>> directory. From there, I think to add a listener and after a fragment is
>> started redeploy its host. Is there a simpler solution?
>>
> I'm pretty sure this was some discussion on this exact topic not too long
> ago...
>
> At any rate, you could write a bundle that listens for bundles to be
> installed. It could (after perhaps a short delay) determine if that bundle
> was a fragment and if its matching host was already resolved. If so, it
> could then refresh and/or re-resolve the host, which would most likely
> result in the framework attaching the fragment. If the host is active, then
> refreshing it should be sufficient since it will automatically get
> re-started and re-resolved.
>
> -> richard
>

>> thanks again
>>

>> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>> If the host gets resolved first, then the fragment won't be able to
>>> attach to it since Felix doesn't support dynamic fragment attachment
>>> (and Equinox only supports it in a limited way). The most portable
>>> approach is to make sure the fragment is installed into the framework
>>> before the host is resolved.
>>>
>>> -> richard

-----

OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>  Committer &