> > ...The reason I need to hold on to the bundle is to load classes using
> > that its classloader at a later point in time...
>
> Can't you do that using getClass().getClassLoader() on a class that's inside
> that bundle?
>
> I *think* keeping references to Bundle objects is fine if you track them with
> a BundleTracker, but that sounds somewhat complicated.

I actually need to load a class using the classloader from a different bundle
(B2) than the current one (B1).

At some point in time B1 might be called on to load a class from B2 so the only
way I knew how to  do this was to use bundle references and Bundle.getClass().

Yes, it's done to appease a legacy bundle which is not OSGi-friendly :| .

Robert