Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM, David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ...If you have a DS component with a reference to your desired service, with
> a bind method,
> the bind method will be called at some point when the desired service is
> available,
> whether the service or your component starts first...

Ah yes, of course...this makes me realize that what I'm actually
looking for is a way for my code to interact with the service before
DS components even see it, if that's possible.

So it looks like my core question is whether the framework or DS
provide a "service is about to be made available" hook - is there such
a thing? Barring that I guess my best option is to use a specific
start level to run my piece of code in the appropriate startup phase.

-Bertrand