This is the exact code from the OSGI core spec document:

void launch( String factoryName, File[] bundles )
throws Exception {
 Map p = new HashMap();
p.put( "org.osgi.framework.storage",
System.getProperty("user.home")
+ File.separator+"osgi");

FrameworkFactory factory =
(FrameworkFactory) Class.forName( factoryName )
.newInstance();
Framework framework = factory.newFramework(p);
framework.init();
 BundleContext context = framework.getBundleContext();
 for ( File bundle : bundles )
context.installBundle( bundle.toURL().toString() );
 framework.start();
framework.waitForStop(0);
}

"p" in this listing is what was being referred to as "configurationProperties"
in the SO sample.

- Ray