You probably know this but just to make it clear - Karaf is not directly
comparable with Felix. It can use Felix or Equinox but it comes OOTB with
many bundles pre-installed. That is why your datasource "works" in Karaf.
It will work in Felix if you have appropriate bundles (that understand what
datasource is, how is defined and how to deal with it) installed. In your
case this is first the blueprint impl to process your blueprint config.
Then it depend on what really a 'datasource' is in your case you'll need
some more. Have a look at
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/karaf/features/enterprise/3.0.2/enterprise-3.0.2-features.xml
to see what Karaf uses if you want to stick with those implementations.
There you'll see a "jdbc", "jpa", ... features and what bundles they
consists of. Depending on what exactly is your use case, you may or may not
need to install all of them!

Best,
Milen