Don't forget to mention the dynamic proxies, which can be very interesting for enterprise application IMHO. With DS, people has to remember to use the lifecycle/injection, but it requires all services available at component startup.

The namespace extension is also a very interesting feature for enterprise.

@Alex, I gave a talk about Karaf for the Enterprise, where I addressed all the enterprise specification supported by Karaf.

Regards
JB

I think the question if DS is a good idea is less about the number of
OSGi services. I am pretty sure it can handle any reasonable number.
I would rather look into the rest of the stack you are planning to use.

Think about the things you also need to do:
- UI
- Persistence
- External integration (Rest, SOAP, Messaging)
- Security

You should setup a small prototype including these aspects and check how
well DS fits into these. Probably you will need to choose some
additional frameworks and need to find a way to integrate them with DS.

In my current tutorial about DS I also compared some technical aspects
of blueprint and DS which might also help:
http://liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2015/06/30/Apache+Karaf+Tutorial+part+10+-+Declarative+services

Christian