On 11/10/2015 18:59, Neil Bartlett wrote:
Such a tool does exist… for example the Embed-Dependency and Embed-Transitive
instructions in the maven-bundle-plugin. Of course, the price is that every
bundle will contain its own copy of every library. So if you think this solves
the problem then I recommend not bothering with OSGi or any other module system.
According to every OSGi book, bundles containing too many unused dependencies are probably coarse-grained and should be divided into smaller, more concise modules. The thing is that these bundles contain the whole library and have tons of different responsibilities, which goes against the fine-grained modules principle in modular architecture design.

Ultimately there can be no automated substitute for developers paying attention
to the two principles of modular composition: high cohesion and low coupling.
When developers fail to do this (as the Quartz developers apparently did),
users suffer.

Neil