For what it’s worth, I’ve long had in the back of my mind an idea to develop a
DS diagnostic command that could try to work out for you exactly why a DS
component is inactive.

For example it could look at the Configuration Policy and then the set of
available PIDs in Config Admin and report that the configuration seems to be
missing.

Or it could notice unsatisfied service references, and follow those to some
other component that should provide the service but is inactive… and so on,
down the chain. Of course this would not work with services that are published
programmatically but it would still provide a lot of useful information.

It wouldn’t even be too hard to code this, given the existence of ScrService
for introspection.

Neil