Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start many instances of the same bundle in one OSGi. I have noticed that setting org.osgi.framework.bsnversion=multiple doesn't change anything. The install command returns the ID of the already installed bundle, no new bundle is installed, as specified in 4.4.3 of the OSGi Core Release 6 Spec:

"Every bundle is uniquely identified by its location string. If an installed bundle is using the specified location, the installBundle methods must return the Bundle object for that installed bundle and not install a new bundle."

Yet the same section also says:

"If the to be installed bundle has a bundle symbolic name and version pair that is already installed in the framework then the installation is only valid when the org.osgi.framework.bsnversion framework launching property is set to multiple or managed."

Section 10.1.15.49 (concerning org.osgi.framework.bsnversion=multiple) actually says this should be possible: "Specifies the framework will allow multiple bundles to be installed having the same symbolic name and version."

So, is this a bug in the framework? I actually use my own build of the framework where I changed the installBundle method of org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.java to force this option to work. I still would like to know the better way to achieve this or to have the bug corrected.

Regards,
Malek.

--
aicas GmbH
Haid-und-Neu-Straße 18 * D-76131 Karlsruhe * Germany

USt-Id: DE216375633, Handelsregister HRB 109481, AG Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Dr. James J. Hunt