There appears to be a bug in org.apache.felix.utils.properties.TypedProperties
to do with storing Lists. Or at least, it's behaving unexpectedly. Arrays are
fine, it only applies to lists.
When writing a List out, it uses (). However in
org.apache.felix.utils.properties.Properties.PropertiesReader there is logic to
detect whether the value is "typed" or not. The regular expression *doesn't*
allow for a value surrounded by (). So when reading the same file back in it
doesn't think it's typed, so doesn't convert any of the values and leaves them
all as strings. The effect is that if you save properties, and one of them is a
list, on reading them back in, they are all returned as strings, complete with
quotation marks, type characters etc.

This seems like a bug to me? I'm not very good with regex, but a simple
modification to the regex in PropertiesReader.nextProperty would seem to solve
it?

Thanks.