Hello Bernd,

On Wed, 2020-02-12 at 20:22 +0000, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Can you describe why you think you need a tty? What fails if you
> don't have one? Do use "karaf console" instead of "karaf start"? Do
> you have ansi.so load problems?

Note - I don't use karaf, but instead the bundles I indicated in my
previous email.

I think that it needs a TTY because as soon as I get the note that the
framework has started, the application immediately starts shutting
down. Here's the message printed out:

[INFO] Framework started
____________________________
Welcome to Apache Felix Gogo

g! gosh: stopping framework

I have associated that with a 'close' signal sent to the console due to
no TTY being available. I may be wrong though, but I did not find a
solution.

I did a bit of digging and found out that I can add

  -Dgosh.args="--nointeractive"

to my startup script and then the container runs without the need to
pas the it flags.

However, even though the remote shell bundle is started, I am unable to
telnet

[FelixDispatchQueue] INFO  E.B.org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime - BundleEvent
STARTED
[FelixDispatchQueue] INFO  E.B.org.apache.felix.shell.remote - BundleEvent
RESOLVED
[FelixDispatchQueue] INFO  E.B.org.apache.felix.shell.remote - BundleEvent
STARTED

$ telnet localhost 6666
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

For reference, these are the bundles I am using

    "org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.gogo.command/1.1.0",
    "org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.gogo.shell/1.1.2",
    "org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime/1.1.2",
    "org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.shell.remote/1.2.0

Thanks,
Robert