Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct address to send this type of question to, but...

I currently running into an out of memory problem in the
org.apache.felix.log.LogListenerThread class due to an accumulation of
org.apache.felix.log.LogEntryImpl objects in its m_entriesToDeliver arrayList.
I looked at the source code for that class and the only reasons I could see
this happening would be if:
1.the thread stopped,
2. the while loop condition ( while (!isInterrupted()) ) triggered loop break,
3. listener.logged(entry); the delivery of the entry to the listener was
blocking the thread for some reason,
4. scheduler was starving the thread and not giving it enough time to run and
clear the array.
**3. I followed the listener.logged(entry) call for all listeners and did not
see any locks or reasons why this call would block, hence I eliminated that as
a possibility.
This was not an issue until we upgraded from felix framework 4.2.1 to 6.0.3
we have already tried the following which did not solve the issue:
1.      changed the LogService deprecated log() calls we had to retrieve a
org.osgi.service.log.Logger instance and use .warn(), .error(), etc method
calls instead.
2.      changed property: org.apache.felix.log.maxSize=0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

[cid:image001.png@01D6A3A3.10395D80]

Adam Sosnowski
Sr. Software Developer

[cid:Kofax_ab6d7362-d88f-454c-a5e0-9fbdacd27b9c.jpg]

Kofax Canada, ULC
460 Phillip Street
Waterloo, ON N2L 5J2

Tel: +1 519 880 7573
adam.sosnow...@kofax.com

 [cid:WorkLikeTomorrow_5b748fe4-9e86-42f8-b5af-b79a2d6ee254.jpg]

This communication is only for the use of the intended recipient. It may
contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender via phone and destroy this communication immediately.