I'm Linux User, I would like to have more info on this matter.

Marlon Moli
NWAPages.com

On 02/17/2013 03:36 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
Hi,

How can I install Flex SDK on Linux?
The SDK should be able to be installed by hand by following the instructions in
the README. Linux is not currently a supported platform but we would certainly
like to support it.

It requires AIR SDK but Adobe stopped developing of AIR for Linux.
The last version of Adobe AIR for Linux  was 2.6.
http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html

AIR 2.6 required Flash Player 10.2 which Apache Flex 4.9.0 supports. In theory
is should be possible to make an Apache Flex 4.9 SDK that supports AIR on Linux.

Does Flex SDK really need AIR SDK even if Iwill not develop AIR applications?
Not as far as I'm aware.

Thanks,
Justin