It is expected to be faster, but I would not expect an order of magnitude
improvement.  The hope was that non-incremental compiles would be 2x faster.

In any large project it is better to eliminate a complex network of
interdependencies.  Proper use of modules and interfaces should make
development more efficient.

Alex Harui
Apache Flex Team
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui