I know very little about Flex, ActionScript, Flash, or AIR. I'm taking some
educational software I developed in Python/Qt on Windows, and I want to
rewrite it with Adobe's stuff so it can run on iOS and Android.

I'm trying to get a feel for which tools will be useful to me. Right now
I'm working with the book "Flex 4.5 Fundamentals: Training From the
Source." I notice that the examples in the book are geared toward RIA's,
while my software will not have any Internet features to speak of. It's
more like a very simple game (some 2D animation, drawings, fonts) on a
desktop. At this point I'm not sure if Flex is even useful to me, or if I
will end up writing this purely in ActionScript. I don't know if Flash
Builder will be useful to me for that.

So, given that my app uses fonts, some simple graphics and 2D animation,
and given that I want it to run on iOS and Android, which of the Adobe
tools do you think I'll end up using?

Dennis