Prem,

Here are some links to get you started:

https://blog.apigee.com/detail/nosql_noproblem_mapping_your_sql_thinking_to_nosql
http://apigee.com/docs/usergrid/content/quick-start  (open an account)
http://apigee.com/docs/usergrid/content/what-app-services (overview)
http://apigee.com/docs/usergrid/content/data-model (data model)
https://blog.apigee.com/taglist/usergrid (videos and articles)

I think the best thing you can do is to create a free Apigee "App Services"
account and build some small examples:

Here is small example of how I POST an entity inside a collection (MySQL speak:
record inside a table)
Note: encode to JSON before sending and decode after receiving

public function mBuildToDoEntity(vType:String, vMessage:String,
vGroup:String):void {
        var vToDo:Object = new Object();
        vToDo.todotype = vType;
        vToDo.groupname = vGroup;
        vToDo.message = vMessage;
        vToDo.status = "false";
        mPostToDo(vToDo);
}

public function mPostToDo(vObj:Object):void {
        var vTempJSONString:String =
com.adobe.serialization.json.JSON.encode(vObj);
        var ajax:HTTPService = new HTTPService();
        ajax.addEventListener( ResultEvent.RESULT, mGoodResults );
        ajax.addEventListener( FaultEvent.FAULT, mFailedResults );
        ajax.url = ('https://api.usergrid.com/'
                + (YOUR ORG NAME GOES HERE) (example:TeamPrem)
                +'/'
                + (YOUR APP NAME GOES HERE) (example:sandbox)
                + '/todos);
        ajax.method = "POST";
        ajax.contentType = "application/json";
        ajax.resultFormat = "text";
        ajax.useProxy=false;
        ajax.request = vTempJSONString;
        ajax.send(vTempJSONString);

        //------------------
        function mGoodResults(vResponse:Object):void{
             trace("mPostToDo IN RESPONSE mGoodResults vResponse.result =
"+vResponse.result);
             var vTempJSON:Object =
com.adobe.serialization.json.JSON.decode(vResponse.result as String, false);
        }

        function mFailedResults(vResponse:Object):void{
             trace("mPostToDo IN RESPONSE mFailedResults vResponse.statusCode =
"+vResponse.statusCode);
        }
};

Jerry