well, that I'm not sure. there may be incompatibilities between SDK 4.6 and AIR
4.8.
what I know is that Apache Flex SDK 4.10 IS compatible with AIR 4.8.

all of that has nothing to do with Adobe Flash Builder, which is still
compatible with all those versions.

usually it is not a good idea to mix up SDK versions.
my $0.02 contribution

--
Julio Carneiro