Hi there,

Is there a way we can get a running instance in our application, by using
it’s id as a String?

For ex:

I have a mxml line which is

<mx:LinearAxis id="vAxis1"  title="Growth%"
labelFunction="percentageformatAxis"  />

There is a data xml in which these instance names (vAxis1, vAxis2 …) shall
be declared:

<doc>

<row metricId="1" metricName="AUD" attribute="@AUD" checked="1"
chartType="1" verticalAxis="vAxis1">

<row metricId="2" metricName="AUD Growth %" attribute="@AUDGrowth"
checked="1" chartType="2" verticalAxis="vAxis2"/>

</row>

<row metricId="3" metricName="AUD MS" attribute="@AUDMSPerc" checked="0"
chartType="2" verticalAxis="vAxis3">

                <row metricId="4" metricName="AUD MS Growth %"
attribute="@AUDMSGrowth" checked="0" chartType="1" verticalAxis="vAxis4"/>

</row>

                                                                </doc>

This data would be dynamic and I am trying to assign verticalAxis attribute
value to verticalAxis property of a column series at runtime:

colSeries = *new* ColumnSeries();

                                                colSeries.yField =
String(metric.@attribute);

                                                colSeries.displayName =
String(metric.@metricName);

                                                colSeries.verticalAxis =
metric.@verticalAxis; //metric.@verticalAxis here would be a string. But I
have to reference the LinearAxis that I have declared on top, which is
vAxis1.

            seriesArray.push(colSeries);

Is there any way we can achieve that?

getDefinitionByName() would just give be the class, but I need the declared
instance.

Warm regards,

Deepak