Hey Chris,

We use Scout here and in my opinion it's possibly the best thing to come
out of adobe since Director :). In order to get the most out of it for your
application you need to enable telemetry on each running swf. This method
is not recommended, but it works for us:
- Build our AIR application as normal (which includes runtime-loaded swf
modules). This can be in release mode to give better representation of
bottlenecks
- Install the AIR app as normal
- Run this python script on each .swf (I use python 2.7 and no
dependencies):
https://github.com/adamcath/telemetry-utils/blob/master/add-opt-in.py

To run the script, i made another little script which looks for swfs in a
specified path and runs the script from there. Both the following and the
add-opt-in.py need to be in the same place (in my case C:\Python27\Scripts)

#script start
import inspect, os, subprocess

base_path = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\InstalledApp\\"

current_path =
os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(inspect.getfile(inspect.currentframe())))
script_path = current_path + "\\add-opt-in.py"
print(script_path)
print "Base path set to "+base_path

for dirname, dirnames, filenames in os.walk(base_path):
 for filename in filenames:
filename_parts = os.path.splitext(filename)
if filename_parts[len(filename_parts)-1].lower() == ".swf":
 swf_path = os.path.join(dirname, filename)
print "Processing "+swf_path
subprocess.call(["python", script_path,swf_path])
#script end

I think I remember reading somewhere that Apache flex mxmlc now includes
telemetry options out of the box, but I haven't played with it yet.

Hope this helps
Marcus