Newbie question here: I just uploaded my first flex app to a server and ran it.
The app is 2 MB in size. My internet download speed is at least 2 MB/second. I
expected the application to load and show me the first screen in about a
second.

However, when I click the application's link to run it, I get a progress bar
that takes 30 seconds to complete, before the first page of my web app appears.
The time it takes for this progress bar to complete cannot be related to my
internet download speed, so what exactly is going on? Is this normal? Any way
to speed this up?