That sounds like the error from ModuleLoader.  The call to create the
module class returned null.  I've seen that happen when loading a module
is restricted by security, or the module is loaded into another
application domain.  I think you can also cause it by unloading the module
or maybe not having hard references to the module, or if the module is not
a DisplayObject.

-Alex