I'm trying to adopt the source code from here

http://flexponential.com/2010/01/31/spark-dropdownlist-equivalent-of-the-html-optgroup-concept/

to disable some items in a drop down list. In the OptgroupDropDownList.as file
I'm getting this compile error using the 4.11 SDK:

"Method marked override must override another method."

on this line of code:

override mx_internal function setSelectedIndex(value:int,
dispatchChangeEvent:Boolean = false, changeCaret:Boolean = true):void

I wonder if anything has changed in the SDK since the original blog posting
that gives rise to this error?

When I go to mx.core.mx_internal, there's not much code there. If I remove
"override" it compiles and runs (interestingly, the similar line of code for
overriding setSelectedIndices() doesn't give a compile error), but this doesn't
result in the correct functionality (I guess, as expected, without a proper
override). Any feedback appreciated.