Do i understand right, that it is possible to run air apps on x86 devices
if you package the runtime (or tell the user how to install it)
or is Air just not working under x86?

Thanks

Am 24.01.2014 09:52, schrieb mspecht:
I know there is already a post on the Apache Flex Development forum, but I
think that this issue also might effect a lot of users of Apache Flex which
develop mobile apps for Android.
(http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/AIR-on-Android-x86-based-devices-td31724.html#a34150)

Short summary: Adobe Air is not supporting Intel atom x86 processors and air
apps run very slow on such tablets. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has an Intel
x86 processor and a lot of developers complain about bad user ratings. In
order to run apps on such devices you have to package the application with
the AIR runtime, because the AIR runtime cannot be installed on the tablet
separately over Google Play (I only tried it with a Galaxy Tab 3).

There is already a feature vote for this
issue:https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3651397

So if you think it might effect you too, please vote for this feature.