> Right. I'm using a text editor and the command line.  Maybe I should use
> Eclipse if there's a free plug-in for AS3.

We currently have 3 IDE's information in our Wiki ATM.  Flash Builder [1], IDEA
[2], and FlashDevelop [3].  Out of those 3 the FlashDevelop is free and
opensource, however it is Windows only.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/2.1+Flash+Builder
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/2.2+IntelliJ+IDEA
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/2.3+FlashDevelop