http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/tag/modules-memory-leaks

-----Original Message-----
From: bchalu...@t-online.de [mailto:bchalu...@t-online.de]
Sent: 17 March 2014 08:16
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Garbage collection of modules

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get my modules garbage collected after unloading but I
can't get it to work.
During the search for a fix I noticed that the styleManager of the module is
the same as the one of the main application. I read that Flex 4 should have a
style manager per module.
Is that a bug or was it never implemented that way?

Is there a better way to unload modules completely? I removed the declared
styles manually, removed the resource bundles, removed all event listeners set
by me, removed all elements from the UI and set all references to null and it
still doesn't get gc'd (I added the gc hack to verify the gc is run and loaded
and unloaded the module several times). I don't have any remote classes.
The problem is that the module has much code and using the profiler or scout
seems not be an option, because in debug mode it's even more unlikely that
modules get gc'd.

Is there someone that experienced a similar problem and has some information to
help me?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

dunnhumby limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with
registered number 02388853 and VAT registered number 927 5871 83.
Our registered office is at Aurora House, 71-75 Uxbridge Road, London W5 5SL.
The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may
be legally privileged.
If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your
system immediately and advise the sender.
dunnhumby may monitor and record all emails. The views expressed in this email
are those of the sender and not those of dunnhumby.