Ok, since you said "the list component never reaches 50/60 fps even when
its itemRender is well optimized", I though the purpose was to reach the
highest possible performance, not to study the different parameters.

If so, your code is perfectly ok (expect for the assignment of a boolean to
opaqueBackground :)

And yes, "LabelItemRenderer label is *BASED* on StyleableTextField", but
does a thousand things more that you don't really need :) But again, if
you're not trying to prove that you don't really need 4 different
frameworks to get a decently fluid app, it's ok.

Cheers! :)