OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>:

> *I just updated the installer config.  Please close and repoen the*
> * Installer, you should see the new AIR 14 beta in the dropdown list.*

Great, thanks!

I noticed that the "Select Flash Player version" dropdown now has two
entries called "Flash Player 14". I guess one of them is meant to be a
beta, but since the name is exactly the same, it's a bit confusing.

Moreover, looking into the sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml
<http://flex.apache.org/installer/sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml> file, I can
see that both "Flash Player 14" entries
point to the very same file, both even having the same MD5 sum. Why is that?

> *I think the manual step would be to just copy the AIR SDK directory into
> the Flex SDK directory and do a merge copy.*

That's what I guessed, but that doesn't overwrite the files inside the
"in/airsdk" folder.

Mark Kessler said that the "in" folder "houses the downloaded dependencies
Flex uses", but apart from a zipped version of the SWFObject 2.2 library,
it only contains a zipped AIR SDK ("air14_sdk_sa_win.zip") and then the
contents of that same ZIP unzipped into "in/airsdk". Are those really ever
used?. I think the AIR SDK is also present in the root of the Apache Flex
SDK download folder as well, isn't it?

Also, why have both the zipped and unzipped version of the SDK in the "in"
folder? Aren't both redundant?

Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>:

> *There are a several ways:*

Wow, thanks for the detailed explanation! That was really helpful. It might
come in handy next time.

 *Isn't it nice that Om made the changes instead? ;-)*

Yeah, thank you all for your help!! :-)

Best regards,
Octavio