Thanks for the code snip! In your original email you said that there was an
error being thrown when using a spark textinput with displayAsPassword set
to true.  This error happens in either Flex 4.12.1 or 4.13.

In your second email you said that the checkbox manages the
displayAsPassword properly. I was able to run your example code and use the
checkbox to toggle displayAsPassword without any exceptions being thrown.
This was tested with Flex 4.12.1.

What is the workflow that you used to get the exception that you mentioned?
The exception being:

"ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable
flashx.textLayout.factory:TextLineFactoryBase::_pass0Lines is not defined."

Also I am confused if there is an issue or not, only because in the second
email you mentioned that things worked as expected, but in the first you
referenced an exception message that you got.

Thanks,

Chris