I think something else must be going on there... I've never seen that and can't reproduce it now. You're 100% sure it's not in the image? (I only ask because you seem uncertain...try a different viewer, something other than Windows preview which has a white background.) Are they inside a same-sized container that might have a border set? Or in a container with padding? Image doesn't even have a borderStyle property.
-Eric