Ok, I got it running but it still timing out.
Here is some code:

public function result(data:Object):void
{
 var re:ResultEvent = ResultEvent(data);
thread = new
PseudoThread(UIComponent(Application.application).systemManager,
processXML, re.result.resultData);
}
private function processXML(resultData:XMLList):void

Did not change anything in PseudoThread.