I would look at RiaTest, it has a slew of tools for automating Flex.

-----Original Message-----
From: modjkl...@comcast.net [mailto:modjkl...@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 6:33 AM
To: users, apache
Subject: how to run Flex app programmatically?

Regarding Flex for desktop web app, I'd like to make an application that can be
launched/run programmatically by a computing language (for example C+, or java,
python, etc), where the program submits login credentials, then the application
will run as its intended.

This isn't for testing purposes (e.g. Flex Monkey, etc.). The idea would be to
replace a human from clicking to go to a website, then providing login
credentials. The application would need to be run daily, and I'm trying to
automate the process to make it easier for customers by integrating this task
into their existing production code base.

There's a lot of info out there about automatically submitting forms on
websites written in HTML or Javascript. Thought maybe someone had advice about
this in Flex app.