From: modjkl...@comcast.net [mailto:modjkl...@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2015 9:54 AM
To: users, apache
Subject: Re: methods for web app to read text file on client's computer?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these functions by default can only read client
files if the swf runs locally on their computer. If I'm making a web app
running in a browser, the sandbox prevents accessing client file contents. I'm
thinking only AIR allows permissions for reading client files.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ActionScript/3.0_ProgrammingAS3/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b90204-7e3f.html

I prefer to integrate the file reading/processing into my existing web app,
rather than give the customer a 2nd application to use (e.g. AIR). But I don't
see a way around this. Can anyone comment if I missed something?