So the key issue is how Adobe is managing the flash debate, or in fact not, and
as long as flash own player these issues will not go away

Flash will be around for years however Adobe will eventually give up on the
player, but too late for the world

This could all be changed if Adobe was to make flash player open source, just
like flex

Sent from my iPad

> On 26 Jul 2015, at 20:36, "f...@dfguy.us" <f...@dfguy.us> wrote:
>
> So the comment I have is that the runtime is very different and better than
> interpreted html, by definition. That's why having the full runtime available
> is so valuable with AIR and the Flash player on desktop and windows tablets.
> The way the runtime works is totally different in terms of the full set of
> libraries and packages and actionscript language but also the way rendering
> takes place. So every object would be like a complete canvas of every feature
> that a web browser offers and much more. So instead of individual xml
> elements, div etc, being rendered out individually and separately with only a
> given set of available properties, all objects in Flash can be modified at
> the lowest rendering level and manipulated with any or all available objects
> or packages. Similarly, all of this happens within a single layered
> environment where objects are displayed transparently on one another.
>
> So all of the things on the most cutting edge of html today, web components,
> es6, data binding, 3d context, CSS transitions and transformations etc, have
> always been available in Flex and Flash and rendered in a much better, more
> flexible, fully programmable pipeline that makes sense and is easy to use and
> understand.
>
> The fact is that html will never be as good as the runtime because it simply
> can't be because it's entire structure and rendering is completely different.
> So the best options is for Flex content to basically be read and mapped out
> to some corresponding html, which will function in its own constrained way.
>
> So an example of all of this would be once when I needed to a small graphic
> of an arrow pointing down below a pop-up menu in Flex. I was able to target
> the actual graphic object itself in actionscript and programmatically create
> a vector object I wanted and attach it as a child to the parent object as a
> single object oriented component. In html I would have to go to a lot of
> trouble to create a bunch of nested elements and put in a separate svg
> element or background image and have all sorts of cross browser issues and
> the concept of layering the popup would be difficult and confusing. So in
> general everything is just simpler, easier and completely better from a
> programming perspective.
>
> That's what it's really all about, Flash is simply the better platform when
> you look at it. However with the current state of the market we are all
> probably having to work with html based Web apps as well in their own terms
> and formats. At least I am ... If given and honest comparison and choice
> though it's pretty obvious that Flash/Flex/Air are vastly superior, and they
> always have been.
>
> David H.

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may
be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of this email and
any attachments. Thank you.