You might get this error if the remote object is timing out... possibly
because the server is under too much load.
It seems like someone is having a similar issue with a workaround by
setting the connectTimeout and requestTimeout properties on the amf channel.
Check the last post on this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/100543

Here's a full example of how to setup an amf channel at runtime:
https://gertonscorner.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/remoteobject-using-amfphp-and-actionscript-3/

This will also override anything you have setup using services-config.xml
which generates code at compile time so you could do away with compiling
those in if you're actually using a services-config.xml in the first place.