Hi Alex,

I just tested this. I removed the mx from source and added both mx.swc and
sparkskins.mx. Now I was able to add mx:RichTextEditor into my project. It
shows on the mobile device too. Unfortunately the issue with the text area
showing HTML but not in "edit" mode stays the same. I don't see how a spark
textinput could be used by the app here. In RichTextEditor.mxml
clearly a  mx:TextArea
is used. Thanks for your suggestions but it seems this can not be done. I
am unable to edit HTML/TextFlow on mobile using Flex :-(

I might pursue the idea of using a webview with a HTML input field which
opens another webview in popup that show the HTML editor. And then passing
the results via JS to the Flex app. I think this is the only way it can be
done.