The error had something to do with the SQLite database.  If I understand
correctly, it could not find the directory that it is supposed to create the
database in, and therefore would not do it.  Here is the actual error:

SQLError: 'Error #3125', details:'Connection closed.', operation:'open',
detailID:'1001'

Here is how I was defining creating the database:

sqlFile = File.applicationDirectory.resolvePath("TheKeyDB.db");
                                sqlConn = new SQLConnection();
                                sqlConn.open(sqlFile, SQLMode.CREATE);

I guess that I needed to use File.applicationStorageDirectory instead of
simply File.applicationDirectory.  This about drove me nuts.  I find error
searching like this frustratingly maddening, like looking for a lost set of
keys :)