Hi Chris,

I've a mobile app (and now building a tablet version) that work in same
scenario: Need works offline. I get data from a ERP (by webservices SOAP)
and put this data into device just using SharedObjects. I serialize each
returned node (XML now, but could be JSON) into my classes to manipulate
normally after. I really don't missed to use a local DB, even doing filters,
joins (among other lists) and list orders. One table (products) that have
8,000 navigating, filtering an many other operations works very very fast
even in weak devices.

So, this is just my experience that i want to share for list....