Hi Prashant,

I recently became a committer for the project, but I have been working
mostly at the unit level in lower level framework code, unrelated to UI
components, so I had not even used a TextInput component in any testing to
date yet, although I did do some work on general binding-related code
recently.

I'll leave it for others to answer you with more details on the binding
classes, not because I don't want to, but because I am not yet familiar
with much of the history of decision-making with this, other than the
general principle of PAYG which Alex already mentioned.

I have added the fix for TextInput to the develop branch code, so it should
be available (I expect) in the next nightly build, if you want to try this
with FlexJS Nightly instead of 0.7.0 (FlexJS Nightly should be available
via the SDK installer app after right-clicking and choosing 'show Dev
builds' ).

BTW your earlier example was particularly good in the sense that it allowed
me to quickly check what was wrong, because it was a minimal example. If
you do notice any other issues, yours is a great example of how to present
them to us so we can quickly address them (whether it is by explanation or
to resolve an underlying issue in the code). Thanks again for highlighting
this issue.

cheers,
Greg