Hello,

I have been trying to embed fonts to my Flex application. The application is
multi-lingual and have Arabic, Russian, Chinese and a lot of other languages
that are not supported by a lot of fonts.

I want to understand how the font fallback is working for a Flex Application
because we have different results with the two cases below.

Case 1:
@font-face
{
        src:             url("assets/fonts/roboto/Roboto-Medium.ttf");
        font-family:  Roboto;
}

global {
        fontFamily : Roboto;
}

In that case all the application uses Roboto and the non-supported glyphs
are displayed as empty.

Case 2:
@font-face
{
        src:             url("assets/fonts/roboto/Roboto-Medium.ttf");
        font-family:  Roboto;
}

global {
        fontFamily : Roboto, Arial, "_sans";
}

When the application is loaded and after detecting Arabic glyphs in one
component, all the application falls back to Arial.

Why in case 2 all the application is falling back to Arial instead of the
concerned element? Is it possible to configure the fallback per component or
is it always applied per Application level?

Many Thanks