I believe this is a case of Flash Builder not supporting this new type of
ItemRenderer as it was a recently added feature.

Although, in the examples, I see this:

<exp:MobileGridColumn headerText="S" dataField="status" width="30">
                <exp:itemRenderer>
                    <fx:Component>
                        <exp:MobileGridBitmapCellRenderer
iconFunction="{outerDocument.getMDPIStatusIcon}"/>
                    </fx:Component>
                </exp:itemRenderer>
            </exp:MobileGridColumn>

Have you tried this?

A better option is to create it in pure AS3 like this:

public class MyActionButtonPartRenderer extends Button implements
IMobileGridCellRenderer { private var _data:Object; public function
MyActionButtonPartRenderer() { super(); label = "Go"; height=30;
addEventListener( MouseEvent.CLICK, onClick); } public function set
styleProvider(value:IStyleClient):void { } public function get
canSetContentWidth():Boolean { return true; } public function get
canSetContentHeight():Boolean { return false; } public function set
cssStyleName(value:String):void { } public function get data():Object {
return _data; } public function set data(value:Object):void { _data =
value; } private function onClick(event:MouseEvent):void {
Alert.show("Click on: " + data.Name, "Action"); } } }

Thanks,
Om