From: Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ngra...@idylog.com<mailto:ngra...@idylog.com>>
Date: Monday, September 25, 2017 at 9:06 AM
To: "users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>"
<users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: [FlexJS] Output folders with FB

Hi Piotr,

Many thanks for your answer.

However, this does not work : the documentation clearly states that the –output
compiler option is used to specify an “output directory AND file name”.
And that is true !

If you add
-output=mypath\myfile.swf
to the compiler “command line” options it makes the compiler write the SWF
output with the name “myfile.swf” in the folder specified by “mypath”.

But the JS output is still written in the js-debug folder under the workspace
root !

In fact, the “output folder” text input from “project > properties > flex build
path” pane just passes the text input value to the –output option of the
compiler (after appending {project name}.swf).
The only difference is that if you specify the output folder in “flex build
path” AND the compiler option, the compiler option overrides the specified
build path (it overrides both the path and the output SWF filename) which seems
quite understable.

What seems missing is some kind of “js-compiler-output” parameter.

But, at least, it seems to me that the js compiler should use the path from the
“-output” option when building its own output path…and not the source path.

All suggestions are welcome !

Nicolas Granon

[signature_e_mail]