You can create a JIRA with your patch.  Or file a Pull Request agains the
flex-sdk mirror on GitHub.

Did you mean to say you needed an asynchronous PNGEncoder?  The one in
Flex appears to be synchronous but I don't know for sure.

Third-party dependencies have to be licensed in an Apache-compatible way.
If it is, and is available on-line, then the third-party code can be
downloaded as part of the build process.  It can also be part of the patch
and marked as 3rd-party code.  Post a link to which PNGEncoder you used if
in fact you can't use the one in Flex.

Thanks,
-Alex