This is an old example but still valid (I believe):

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS02f7d8d4857b1677-165a04e1126951a2d98-7ff2.html

I believe you just set the padding or margin style on the textFlow paragraph
child that contains your image like you would any inline style, e.g.,
setStyle("padding", ...);

A little searching on the web for examples and you should find what you need.
Remember that using RichText is pretty heavyweight and it's not that easy to
use, if you use primitives directly, but if you use the html importer it can be
easy but styling is harder then.

Erik