Olaf, I am doing a boot loader style as well, for different reasons. The
child app may not be looking at itself for all the resources. There are more
then 1 style of loading the child app into the boot loader
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WSd75bf4610ec9e22f43855da312214da1d8f-8000.html

I have not noticed any font issues, however flatspark is the only embedded
fonts I am using and I use them embedded in the boot loader app. I would
suspect you need to register the embedded font to the ApplicationDomain on
application load. My boot loader app is more complex and it uses flatspark
itself so its already there for me and maybe why I don't have to do anything
specific. I do run a routine on start to verify all the resources and styles
I need are there and manually add them when necessary.