Sorry Javier, I did not mean to suggest that you cannot pass parameters in
HTTP, but the format that you suggested http://user:password@url has been
deprecated, because that was the first approach I took. Google Chrome was
the first to deprecate it. Web programming is definitely not my strong suit,
but I don't know how to compare regular HTTP parameters to the values stored
in htpassword and htaccess to do Basic Authorization, and was told in
another forum that I needed to pass those values in a header to do it
properly. That is how this whole line of inquiry came about in trying to
figure out how to pass an authorization header in a StageWebView scenario.